Friday 15 August 2014

My Yankee candle collection


It was my mum that started me off with my obsession for Yankee candles. She is actually hilarious! She's taken to writing down every single scent that she wants to try (her list is huge) and ticks them off as she goes along, never misses the yankee slot on QVC and leaves me 'yankee updates' on my answer phone whilst im in work lol. Anyway, we now set aside 'Yankee shopping days' where we go around all our favourite places that stock the candles in the hunt for new scents. It's an expensive hobby I must say but we've picked up a few ways to seek out some good bargains.

Firstly, we only ever buy large jar candles or the tartlets that u can pop in a burner. Although the large jars are most expensive (usually around £19.99) it works out cheaper in the long run because you get so much more burn time out if them compared to the smaller jars. It's very rare we pay full price for a large jar though, we look for the offers instead. We have an official Yankee candle shop near us in a discount shopping outlet and there is always some sort of offer on. Whether its 30% candle of the month or 50% off because a particular scent is being discontinued. If we aren't in the mood for spending that much though we will just get a few tartlets which are between £1-£2 each-bargain! 

My favourite has to be Tahitian tiare flower, I absolutely love it! It has a really subtle sweet floral fragrance to it. Its a great summer scent. The only downside is that it's not available anymore in the UK so I have to order it from the USA. 

I can't wait until autumn/winter so that I can start burning all my candles that I've been saving for then. However I'm most excited for Christmas! I love being cwtched up on the sofa on a cold December evening with a cup of tea, my Christmas tree lights twinkling, fireplace on and a selection of my Xmas Yankees dotted around the room....lush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment