Tuesday 27 January 2015

Kylie Jenner inspired look


Photo Credit-Kylie Jenners Tumblr















I've always been a huge fan of the Kardashians (wouldn't consider ever missing an episode on a Sunday evening), with Khloe being my favourite. However lately it seems attention is shifting towards the younger Jenner siblings Kendall and Kylie. It's no surprise when Kendall has a budding high fashion modelling career and Kylies edgy, bohemian style has girls everywhere wanting to copy her. They are each becoming fashion/beauty inspirations in their own right.

For this post I'm going to focus on Kylies make up because like the rest of the world I've been obsessed with it lately-particularly her lips.
So how does she achieve her look? A bit of googling led me to find that she's a fan of MAC lip pencils in the colours 'soar and 'whirl'. Naturally I rushed out to the shops to buy them, only to be disappointed that they were sold out! I kept checking online but it seemed like forever until they became available again, well, 'soar' was so I snapped one up immediately! I still haven't got 'Whirl' yet. Boo :( Anyway, when 'Soar' arrived in the post I couldn't wait to try it out and have a go at the 'over drawn' lip. I certainly didn't get it right first time, in fact it took several attempts to move away from the crazy trout pout look lol! I enlisted help from some YouTube tutorials (there are loads to choose from) and with a bit of practice managed to get a pretty good look.

Here are some tips that helped me:

  • Always make sure your lips are smooth and moisturised before beginning
  • Use a concealer that matches your skin tone to blend around the outline of your lips. This helps to fade the perimeter of your lips which makes it easier to draw on a new outline.
  • Always sharpen your liner before using 
  • Start lining your lips by taking the pencil just outside your natural lip to create a trick of shadow, this will make them appear fuller. I like to start with the top lip as that's most difficult.
  • When happy with the shape, start using light feathery strokes to fill the rest of your lips in
  • Add some highlighter (I used Benefits Watt's Up) to your cupids bow to further accentuate fuller lips
  • You can then apply some lipstick. Kylie likes to retain the matte look, MACs 'Brave' matte lipstick would do the trick. However I used Maybelline 'Rosewood Pearl'






















And here is the finished look.....





1 comment:

  1. I love this! I've been working on over lining my lips recently! Great tips you've provided too!

    -Mary | wndr14lnds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete