Tuesday 19 August 2014

Palettes-High end & Budget


I'm definitely a palette girl, I very rarely buy individual eye shadows anymore. I find it much easier with a palette because you get a set of complimenting colours that you can use to create looks like smokey eyes-saves hunting through your make up drawer to find matching colours! So as I own so many of them I thought I'd blog about them :) I have blue eyes so I tend to go for browns, golds, and purples. They following palettes range from very cheap to quite expensive.

Urban Decay Naked 2 (£37.00 debenhams)
Now all you beauty lovers will have heard of this and it's nothing new I know, but it is one of my favourites so I was compelled to include it. The palette has 12 colours so you can create a range of looks from subtle daytime to dramatic smokey eyes. It includes neutrals, taupe, metallic gold & bronze, a mixture of browns and black. There are also both matte and sparkly shadows. I don't tend to use the brushes supplied with palettes but I find the one included with this one really blends the eye shadows well. It is very pricey but I can honestly say I've had mine for a year now and still have loads left.

W7 eyeshadow palettes (£2.99 shopping discount designer outlet)
I have 2 of these, golden brown and naked nudes. I tend to use the nude palette for work mostly. I don't find the colours in the brown palette very pigmented so you need to put quite a lot on, so I don't use this as much. I got these from a discount shopping outlet near me so the price may vary depending on where you get it from, can't imagine them being that much more expensive though.

MUA undress me too palette (£4.00 Superdrug)
Absolutely love this! This is a great alternative to the naked 2 palette if your on a budget. It has 12 colours ranging from neutrals and cool grays to warm bronze/gold metallics. The eye shadows have a slight creamy feel when you test them so they glide on and blend really well. Would definitely recommend it. They also do 'undressed' palette which includes nude shimmers and mattes. I also want to try their new palette 'hall of fame'.

Primark 8 shade palette
I was very surprised to see that primark now have a make up range, so I had to give it a go. I mainly bought this palette because the pretty shimmery shades stood out to me when I was browsing. However I didn't expect them to be very pigmented but I was wrong. With one sweep you get quite a good colour so when it's properly applied  and with a primer it's even better! The colours include shimmery mauves/purples, nude, shimmery champagne, gold, brown and grey. This was perfect for me as these are the colours I usually go for. I actually can't remember how much I bought this for and couldn't find it on primark's website. However I did come across a similar one that they sell for £2.50 http://www.primark.com/en/whats-new/product/6859,8-shade-eyeshadow-palette Well done primark!


1 comment:

  1. That MUA palette and that Primark palette both look gorgeous!!

    -Mary | wndr14lnds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete