Thursday 14 August 2014

Fake Tan...My faves

Okay so here goes my first ever blog post. Thought I'd kick off by talking about one of my favourite things ever....Fake tan! Where would we be without it? In my opinion whoever invented it was genius! Now before going any further i want to make it clear that my aim in life is not not to look like a perma tanned satsuma! Definitely not a fan of that of that look.....no, definitely not. Like alot fair skinned people i find it very difficult to tan naturally...even when i go on holidays and its boiling hot! its very annoying especially when some of my friends only have to glance at the sun and they become gorgeously bronzed. Strange thing is i remember getting a tan when i was little whilst on holiday with my parents and i wasn't even trying then! Why is that? very bizzarre. Anyway in recent years i've come to accept that in order to get that lovely sun kissed glow I'd need to enlist some help.....from a bottle that is.

I had dabbled with fake tan when i was teenager, in fact i remember borrowing some of my mums st tropez. I remember standing in the bathroom mirror whilst my mum frantically rubbed the tan onto my back with me whining that she was rubbing too hard, then her telling me to shut up unless i wanted streaks lol. All i can say is thank goodness we have mitts to apply tan nowadays because those rubbery type gloves really did hurt! It wasnt until i got to university that i started putting it on regularly for nights out. I would always use Rimmels instant sun shimmer and considering it was one of the cheaper options it always looked good. I was always gutted when it would wash right off the next day though. So then i started to experiment with other tans and after trying alot of products and i mean alot, i started to build quite a collection. This picture was taken a few years ago, i've since added to this lol.




So which are my favourite you ask? well i have a few, couldn't possibly just pick one.

  • Fake Bake 60 Minute Tan

Okay, this product is actually amazing. Have to admit i was a bit sceptical at first as didn't see how it would develop that quickly without washing off and looking rubbish, plus it's not the cheapest of products. That being said i was impressed with the results. I could see the tan developing after about 30 mins and you can leave it on up to a maximum of 3 hours i think. I left mine on for about 2 hours. It's a squirty liquid and i usually prefer the mousse ones but i have to say it was quite easy to apply. Another pro is that it came out dark so you could see where you were applying it (hate the clear ones, you never know what streaks your in for when it dries!). It had the standard 'fake tan smell' but hey i've yet to come across a fake tan that doesn't smell like biscuits. The really good thing about this is that it's perfect if your going on a night out and couldn't be bothered to tan the night before. Also, if your applying it for no other reason than to have a healthy glow then you can put it on in the evening and wash it off before bed. This equals no tan on your bed sheets which is always a positive! Like i've already mentioned though it is quite expensive so if your on a budget it may not be the best option.

  • Sunkissed Self Tan Mousse

So if products like fake bake aren't within your budget then Sunkissed tan is a great alternative. I'd say it gives just as good results, only difference is that obviously you have to leave it on for longer. I've heard Lucy Meck from Towie and Binky Felstead from Mic are fans too (mainly the reason why i bought this tan in the first place cos i love Towie and Mic!...im an easy target for advertising i know). Anyway i think this is a great product for the price, think it's betwen £4-£5.It comes in medium and dark and they also do a gradual tanner too :) Lastly, its worth mentioning that it's sold in Superdrug because i remember running around Boots not being able to find it-maybe that was just me though lol. 

  • Garnier Summer Body


My last fave to tell you all about has to be summer body. This is one of my holiday essentials. As i've already mentioned i don't tan naturally but by using this every evening on holidays, it makes me look like i do :) Just like a normal moisturiser, slather it on and as long as you rub it in properly you shouldn't get any streaks. Even if you do it's really faint and you can't really see them. I really love this product and again its nice and cheap :) I definitely prefer this to the Johnson's gradual tanner, so well done Garnier! Just remember to wash your hands afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment