Monday 18 August 2014

Remington Pearl wand


This is a look I created on my mums hair using the Remington ci95 pearl curling wand. Curling 'wands' seem to be the new thing now as opposed to the traditional tong clamps. All you do is pick the section of hair that you want to curl and wrap it around the barrel and release after a few seconds. I found that if you want to create larger curls or waves then use larger sections of hair. However for the look pictured above I used small sections. 



I have to say I was quite impressed with it! It heats up and is ready to use in just 30 seconds and is much easier than using straighteners to curl your hair (I was never very good at that anyway!). It took approximately 1 hour to create the look. First I curled all of the hair, starting with the underneath sections and working towards the top layers. Then after separating the curls slightly I lifted all of the hair into a ponytail and used Kirby grips to pin the curls in position. My mum was very happy with it :)



I should also mention the styling products  that I used. Firstly I spritzed on some Vo5 plump it up amplifying blow dry lotion (£2.99). Next I applied some Vo5 smoothly does it curl defining mouse (£3.79) whilst hair was still damp. After blow drying hair completely I started to curl, spraying a small amount of Vo5 ultimate hold hairspray (£2.44) onto each curl as I went along. I didn't use any further product, only a final bit of hairspray at the end to hold it all in place.

Tip: the wand is extremely hot (can heat up to 210 degrees) and it's easy to burn your fingers and forehead when wrapping your hair around the barrel. Once you get the hang of it you should be fine but until then I'd use the heat proof glove that's provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment